15.12.08

 

Poemas 432
Poems 432


Last Call

Dave Van Ronk

And so we've had another night
Of poetry and poses
And each man knows he'll be alone
When the sacred ginmill closes

And so we'll drink the final glass
Each to his joy and sorrow
And hope the numbing drunk will last
Till opening tomorrow

And when we stumble back again
Like paralytic dancers
Each knows the questions he will ask
And each man knows the answer

And so we'll drink the final drink
That cuts the brain in sections
Where answers never signify
And there aren't any questions

I broke my heart the other day
It will mend again tomorrow
If I'd been drunk when I was born
I'd be ignorant of sorrow

And so we'll drink the final toast
That never can be spoken
Here's to the heart that is wise enough
To know when it's better off broken

Comments: Postar um comentário



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?